Senior Speech Therapist
Wanda is a fully registered Speech and Language Therapist with the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore. She also holds an Honours degree in Psychology and is a registered member of the British Psychological Society.
Born in Jakarta, Wanda is a global citizen who was educated and has worked in Singapore, Australia, and the UK. Prior to becoming a Speech and Language Therapist, Wanda was a behavioural therapist and shadow teacher for children with autism. In various capacities, she has experienced working with the adult, geriatric, and paediatric populations in different settings such as schools, private clinics, home therapies, and hospitals.
Wanda works with both children and adults with various difficulties. These include stuttering, speech sound disorders, language delays and disorders, apraxia of speech, selective mutism, social communication disorder, and feeding or swallowing disorders. Regardless of age, Wanda tailors her sessions to meet the needs of every client. This ranges from working with other professionals to involving caregivers in therapy; ensuring that the most supportive environment is created for the clients she sees. Wanda has a genuine, caring personality that helps her build strong connections with her clients and their families. She is also fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesia, and is happy to conduct therapy in either language.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- BSc (Honours) Psychology (University of Nottingham, UK)
- MSc Speech and Language Pathology (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT) Technique
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- Hanen: It Takes Two to Talk
- Hanen: More Than Words
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- TalkTools: 3-Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy
- Dynamic Temporal & Tactile Cueing (DTTC) for Speech Motor Learning
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Kaufman Methods for Evaluation and Treatment (K-SLP)
- The PLAY Project (Introductory Course)
- Assessing And Treating Selective Mutism
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme (NDP-3)
- DIR Floortime (Introductory Course)
- Evidence Based Interventions and Strategies for Children with Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- Assessment, Making Differential Diagnosis, and Treatment Strategies for Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop
- Inside Out Sensory Integration Certificate for SLPs
- Cari Ebert’s Sensory for the SLP