Principal Speech Therapist
Moona is from London and has been practising as a Speech Therapist for almost 10 years. She has been working in Singapore for 4 years and is a fully registered Speech Therapist as well as a clinical supervisor under the Allied Health Professional Council in Singapore. Moona graduated with a Masters’ degree from City, University of London.
Moona specialises in working with children with complex needs, trained in both communication and swallowing disorders. Moona has gained extensive knowledge and skills working with infants, children and adolescents with mild to severe disorders, including challenging behaviour.
She uses a holistic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes. Moona has worked with clients from multicultural backgrounds, is respectful and able to adapt accordingly.
Moona’s greatest hope is to develop innovative solutions to help as many clients (children and adults) to access proper Speech Therapy services, as well as raise awareness locally and internationally.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Master of Science in Speech and Language Therapy (City, University of London, United Kingdom)
- Manchester Post Basic Dysphagia Course (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- Wolf and Glass Feeding Training
- Cervical Auscultation Training
- Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk (Melbourne, Australia)
- Makaton For Professionals
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
- Managing Incidents of Challenging Behaviour by Dave Hewitt
- Telepractice in Speech Therapy – Principles and Practicalities
- DIR101 and DIR Floortime: promoting functional emotional developmental capacities, reflective thinking, and overall mental health for all children and adults, including those with special needs.
- Certified Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC) supervisor for speech therapists