Principal Speech Therapist
Catherine is from Manchester, England and has been practising as a Speech Therapist for more than 8 years. She has 3 years of experience working in Singapore and is registered under the Allied Health Profession Council in Singapore. Catherine graduated with a First-Class Honours degree in Speech Language and Pathology from Manchester Metropolitan University.
Catherine specialises in working with children with mild to complex needs in clinical practice, Early Intervention Centres, homes and inclusive pre-schools. She has advanced clinical knowledge and skills both in assessing and working with infants, children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Down’s Syndrome, Global Developmental Delay (GDD), Cerebral Palsy, phonology, speech and language delay or disorder.
She also has special interest and specialises in stuttering difficulties in children and adults.
Catherine believes in empowering parents to support their child’s potential through meaningful and enjoyable engagement. Her enthusiasm and encouraging nature helps her to build a strong rapport with children and their families. Catherine is very familiar with working with families from multicultural backgrounds.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- First Class Honours degree in Speech Language and Pathology (Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom)
- Hanen: More than Words
- Makaton For Professionals
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding
- Food Selectivity in Children (M. Suarez PhD)
- Treating Stuttering in Young Children (S. Yaruss PhD)
- The Fluency Trust: Advanced Dysfluency Training (Swindon NHS Trust/Fluency Trust)
- Specific Language Impairments in Children (S. Redmond PhD)
- CAS treatment for School Age Children (R. Stoekcel PhD)
- Speech/Resonance Disorders and Velopharyngeal Dysfunction (A. Kummer PhD)
- Sensory Modulation in Early Intervention (J.L. Clark)
- Certified Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) supervisor